What if you wanted now to remote control appliances in a place with no Internet connection, that would certainly break the bank !
As always and despite all ethic/patriotic considerations behind ordering from China, cheap solutions come from there and the GSM-AUTO-AC certainly is one of them.
The device reviewed in this article is quite simple and comes all the features and specifications you are going to want to perform that task. It has two 30A relays that can be SMS controlled:
- Power: 110-240V AC
- Power Consumption: Max 450mA, typically 60mA
- Relay Contact: 2 x 230V @30Amp, Normally open and Normally Closed contacts(Form C), switching capacity 2.5Kw
- GSM Bands: GSM 850/900/1800/1900Mhz (takes a SIM card)
- Operating Temperature: -20°C 60°C
- Physical size: 130 x 100 x 50mm, 5 x 4 x 2inches
- Protection: IP65
It is just too bad its SMS syntax is that complex and that SMSes cannot be guaranteed to be delivered in the order they were sent. You therefore need to pay attention to your SMSes and wait between your messages.