- Plex on a Synology NAS (or any nas with limited CPU power supporting Plex)
- Rasplex on a RPi (Raspberry Pi 1,2 or 3).
- A 5.1 home cinema receiver compatible with DTS and Dolby Digital
Before using these setting I could read anything exept videos encoded with AAC 5.1 (no sound).
Here are the settings I use:
- Number of channels: 2.0
- Enable passthrough: Enabled
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Enabled
- Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding: Enabled
- DTS capable receiver: Enabled
I now can read
- All stereo formats (MP3, AAC...)
- DTS 5.1
- Dolby Digital (AC3) 5.1
- AAC 5.1 (transcoded to Dolby Digital 5.1)